Friday, April 20, 2007

Hi

Hi!
I haven't been doing anything really exciting lately, but I have been doing a lot of reading. Next week I am leaving to go to Indiana to see my brother, sister-in-law, two nephews and new-born niece. I absolutely cannot wait to get there! I also can't wait for tomorrow to get here, because it is Saturday, and Saturday means no school. Plus, I get to see some of my friends tomorrow.

If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering, outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.
~ Mark Twain*

I definitely love both dogs and cats. This quote is merely stating the characteristics of dogs and cats compared. Think of it; if we had animals that could talk, our dogs would talk all the time, like an eager child, asking to go play Frisbee, asking for a bone, asking for you to pet him, but the cat wouldn't talk like that. They would sneak around the house (like they always do) caring for nobody but themselves (at least always putting themselves first) and they would be speaking in mysterious riddles. Plus, they wouldn't ask you to pet or feed them, they would demand it. I think cats are such gorgeous animals, but I guess I have to agree with my brothers- cats don't care about anybody but themselves.
Really! Some cats can be really affectionate, but let's face it. Cats are really these lovable, arrogant brats that we just grow attached to.
Anna Elizabeth Hedges
*From quotegarden.com

1 comment:

Abby said...

A.E. Hedges,
I agree with you and i love what you said about cats! Very interesting!