Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Poll

I just wanted to let everybody know that the new poll is going to be on for about a week, and you are aloud more than one answer. Thanks for reading!
Anna

Who is Your favorite writer of fantasy?
1. Christopher Paolini wrote Eragon and Eldest: 50%
2. C.S. Lewis wrote The Chronicles of Narnia and the Space Trilogy: 75%
3. J.R.R. Tolkien wrote The Lord of the Rings and the Simarillion: 50%
4. J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter: 25%
5. Ted Dekker wrote the Circle Trilogy: 0%
6. Cornelia Funke wrote Inkheart and Inkspell: 25%
7. J.M. Barrie wrote Peter Pan: 50%
8. All of the Above: 25%

I voted for all of the above. I am really disappointed that Lewis got more than Tolkien, because I consider Tolkien's works to be as great as Lewis's. I'm afraid that I dont' like to see one of them getting more attention than the other. If I had to choose I think it would be Tolkien, even though I like them both almost as equally. If you have any thoughts, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

historygeek said...

I love this poll its very creative. I must say that out of these writers I enjoy CS Lewis the most. what is your opinion?

Anna Elizabeth Hedges said...

Dear History Geek,
I enjoy all of the authors on the poll. Tolkien, Lewis, and possibly Barrie are probably the best. They are the older ones...Funke is a good author. She uses more bad language in her books that Rowling does, but I think her and Rowling come pretty close to being equal. Paolini would acutally come in last. :)
Lewis is brilliant, but I have to stay loyal to Tolkien.
Anna Elizabeth Hedges