Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Poll

Hey, readers,

I just wanted to post a few thoughts on the new poll.
First of all, I think that Rowling's books will definately, without question, be read for years to come. Funke's books will probably be too; hers are nearly as good as Rowling's. Paolini is young, but fantastic for his age. I expect he will write classics, soon, even, but Eragon and Eldest may or may not be best loved books in 30 years. I don't know. His story is well-written and creative, but it is just a little dry. I will stay mutual on him though. I won't vote for him on my own poll, but I won't say that Eragon will never be a classic. I mostly agree with historygeek.
Anna Elizabeth Hedges

September 27

Whose Books are more likely to become Classics?

1. J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter: 50%
2.Christopher Paolini, Eragon, Eldest: 50%
3. Cornelia Funke: Inkheart, Inkspell: 0%
4. All of the Above: 0%

I wish that somebody would have voted for Cornelia Funke.

6 comments:

Abby said...

I really like your poll this week!
I voted for Paolini (if thats how you spell his last name :) and C.S. Lewis and Lord of the Rings.

I think that C.S. Lewis is my top favorite and then Paolini and Lord of the Rings.
But I really appreciate the new poll keep it up! It would be a great idea to do some cool poll every week!!!

historygeek said...

Oh come on Abby! Surly you wouldnt put Paolini in front of Rowling.

historygeek said...

I like the poll to. But I think that JK has a better chance.

Anna Elizabeth Hedges said...

Now you two, don't start fighting. I won't allow cyber wars on my blog. I think Paolini COULD make some great classics, as his books are great now, but perhaps not classic. Harry Potter is classic, and, for the record, so are Cornelia Funke's books. Abby hasn't read Harry Potter...and I have only read a few of Funke's books.

Anna

Anna Elizabeth Hedges said...

YOU TWO!!!

Anna Elizabeth Hedges said...

I have changed my mind. Go ahead and argue, but do it on goowy instead. INVITE EACH OTHER!!! And I have changed my mind about Paolini too. I think that he is really good, and we won't know for sure if his books are classics until about 20 years have passed. SORRY.
Anna