Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Zathura: A Space Adventure


This afternoon I watched Zathura: A Space Adventure. I don't really know a ton about it. All I know is that the guy who wrote the book The Polar Express wrote the book for Zathura.
Here's my take:
It was a little rough getting off. A few bad words, and the kids' fighting did get a little old, but once they started playing the game, it was a pretty good movie. I recommend it. It is suspenseful in places, cute, adventurous, overall a kid's dream movie (except the bad words I mentioned.) The special effects for space were pretty breathtaking, but I thought they could have done better on the actual sky. Saturn and the astroid field (or whatever it was) were actually pretty and mind-blowing. It is hard for me to comprehend how big space is, knowing how big our own little solar system is.
It was rated PG, in case you were wondering.
I enjoyed it. I was on the edge of my seat for parts of it, and it had a great twist in the end. Big sis got a little better towards the end, but she was basically a typical teenager. Yuck.
4 stars on my 5 star rating system. Watch it if you like good sci-fi. A good choice for young sci-fi fans.
Anna

1 comment:

Anna Elizabeth Hedges said...

Oops...I guess that is the spanish version of the movie poster. Oh well. captures the spirit well.
Anna