Monday, November 12, 2007

Jumanji


Jumanji is the prequel to Zathura, a movie a saw about two weeks ago. Last night, I caught Jumanji while at my grandmother's house, and I enjoyed it. The action scenes weren't as intense as Zathura, although there was actual chemistry in this one. The story lines are basically the same, even though the characters are different, the actors are different, and Jumanji affects the whole town, not just the people in the house, like in Zathura. It was a good adventure story. I think if you're interested in Zathura and Chris Van Allsburg, the writer of both books and the Polar Express, you should check out Jumanji. Kirsten Dunst fans will be interested; Dunst plays Judy, one of the kids in the movie. On the whole, Jumanji is lighter toned than Zathura, and it is jungle-themed. I haven't read any of Chris Van Allsburg's books, although I'm beginning to wonder if I ought to check them out. Oh yeah, and Robin Williams plays Allen Parrish. The end was kind of...weird, but I won't give it away. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a good movie. 3 1/2 stars.
Anna

No comments: