Friday, November 30, 2007

Miracle on 34th St.


This is the third in my series of movies to watch this Christmas on my blog. The next movie would be Miracle on 34th Street, the old one and the new one. I have only seen the new one a few times, and I can't remember hardly anything about it right now, but I have seen the old one a lot, and I know nearly everything that happens in it. Plus I watched some of it last night with my mom (Dad was watching football) on our new desktop. It's really a lot of fun to watch movies on that thing! It's easier than watching them on the TV, in some ways, and it has a really great picture.
The old Miracle on 34th Street stars Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Edmund Gwenn, and Natalie Wood. O'Hara plays Mrs. Walker, who is the director of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, and whom hires Kris Kringle (Edmund Gwenn) as a last-minute substitute for the Santa Clause.
Natalie Wood plays the realistic daughter of Doris Walker, whom doesn't believe in Santa Clause and has been told that "fairy-tales are silly" John Payne is Fred Gailey whom is a lawyer and the Walkers' neighbor. Unlike Doris, he encourages child fantasy, and tries without the approval of Doris to Susan (Natalie Wood) to believe in Santa Clause, as does Kris.

It has its fair share of humor, touching moments, you know. The whole Christmas shebang, and it is one of my favorites. This is definitely a good movie to watch around Christmas.
Anna

No comments: