Monday, December 17, 2007

Future Grace


I have just finished Future Grace by John Piper. I'm not going to say much, because I'm not a theologian and if I were I wouldn't be a very good one, probably. I enjoyed the book a lot. I understand some things I didn't before and I recommend it. I was told that he gets to the point in this book better than in some others. Chapter thirty was especially interesting and revealing for me, and I read it almost hungrily. It has thirty-one chapters, like The Screwtape Letters, so that if you read one chapter a day you can read it in a month. I plan on reading it again next year and taking notes that time. Personal thoughts, you know. It does tend to give something to think about. I am looking forward now to reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, which is my next theological endeavor for reading. I'm not sure when I'm going to start it, though, but I also plan on reading the Great Divorce by Lewis.

About the Christmas Posts, sorry I haven't had anything new to report. We have been too busy getting ready for company to watch Christmas movies! I still plan on having the special one for Christmas day, but I'm still not sure when I'll write it. If you're looking for another Christmas movie to watch, though, try While You Were Sleeping. Though not strictly Christmas, it takes place around that time. It's a good movie, and really funny. If you wonder what I'm like, watch Lucy...I act like that sometimes when I'm meeting people, or even people I'm really close to! I'm not very good at communicating with my tongue all the time. But don't take all of it to heart...I said sometimes. I'm not always smooth in talking. Sometimes idiotically bumpy, actually, but at least you can't tell when I write.
Anyway, Merry Christmas! I'll probably be posting later with a new book review concerning Tolkien.

No comments: