Friday, December 7, 2007

The Golden Compass




I know that many of my readers are at least attracted to fantasy, even if it isn't their first choice. Fantasy is my first choice for a good novel; I have friends that like fantasy books; I'm probably the most fanatical about them though. The Golden Compass is a tempting participant in the world of fantasy. The trailers and glittering posters in the theater; the books.....polar bears, monkeys. Who wouldn't want to read or watch this stuff?

I for one, would, if it weren't totally anti-Christian, but it is. So I don't. Pullman is completely against Christianity and "killing God" as he puts it. These are dangerous books. I'm not going to go to a lot of particulars here, about the plot and everything, because I haven't read or watched the movie. The links below are good reviews of the movie, the books, and both. I would recommend reading them, just so you know what Pullman is up to with "His Dark Materials."

Brian's Take

Briefing For Concerned Christians

The Movie At Pluggedin

The Books at Pluggedin

Anna

No comments: