Friday, December 7, 2007

Narnia Christmas......Tolkien's Christmas



The other day, I was thinking to myself about Tolkien and Lewis and Tolkien's Christmas book, The Letters of Father Christmas, and then thinking that it was too bad that Lewis had not written a book about Christmas, and then I realized that, even though The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is not classified as Christmas fiction, much of it takes place in winter and there is a Christmas in it!

So, reading The second Narnia book would be a good piece of fiction for Christmas time.


Also, The Letters of Father Christmas look like a good piece of writing....I kind of wish I had those to read. Oh well....I'm planning on ordering them right after Christmas. I've decided that I should read all of Tolkien's works. I'm actually really excited about the Histories of Middle-Earth, The Silmarillion, The History of the Hobbit, and the Children of Hurin. He has numerous essays and short stories too, plus a short book he wrote for his son called Roverandom. I'm excited about that one. So, for fans of Tolkien and Lewis, The Letters of Father Christmas the Lion are good books to read this season.

No comments: