Friday, December 14, 2007

The Tales of Beedle the Bard; J.K. Rowling, Billionaire, Literary Genius, Artist




Today while I was trying to figure out some orders gone amiss for Christmas on Amazon, I saw a an article about J.K. Rowling. I clicked on the link and saw that she had made seven copies of the Tales of Beedle the Bard, and those are the only copies in the world, and Amazon was in possession of at least one of them. I bookmarked it and I have just returned to the article to read it; I wasn't disappointed. Despite Rowling's crooked views about the world, she is a very talented author with a vivid imagination. She is the richest woman in the world, and the first writer to make that much cash on writing only. I don't expect I'll ever be as popular as she is, but I can certainly hope, wish, and dream that someday I'll be as talented of a writer, and that somebody might want to buy odd little books which I hand wrote (or typed and then scribbled all over) and that those books might be shadows from literary pieces of work. Rowling has taken every fantasy that there is, or very nearly has, and made it her own, and created new creatures and magical objects. And now, she has made a the wizard culture more vivid and real than it ever was, because now, wizard and witchlings' fairy-tales are in print. I can see similarities here of her and Tolkien: Rowling and Tolkien both made up new worlds, or recreated old mythologies and made them their own. Both made up intriguing characters, and both have made tales that are to their characters what the stories of those characters are to us. I'm finally beginning to understand the meaning of; write and read as much as you can!
How I've mistreated and used that phrase! But never mind that now. I suggest going to the link to check out the real Tales of Beedle the Bard: it was worth it! There's a lot of pictures on Amazon of this unique little book, and they are going to add to the article often, so check it out!
Anna

No comments: