Friday, February 8, 2008

"Running Commentary"

Okay, I just had an idea.

What if, instead of just writing a review of a book, I wrote a review of each chapter in a certain book? I'm not sure when I would do this, but it will be sometime in the next few months.

I'm going to let everybody try to influence me in which book I read.

The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (if you want this one, you'll have to wait a month or more!)
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
Darkest Hour by Erin Hunter (this would be a good one since I'll start it tonight...end of the week and all!)

and Finally....

If you want I can start from where I am on Till We Have Faces, but I don't know if I could say anything very interesting about it! Post comments for your opinion. If you pick a book that I don't want to do....(I need you to help me decide so I know which ones above I don't want to do. Influence me!)

Anna

If I get one or two comments by tomorrow at noon, then I'll go ahead and start on one. If there are no comments before then, then I guess you have until Monday at noon instead, and then I'll decide.

6 comments:

Mikaela said...

Yeah! That sounds great!
:]

lisatatj said...

My vote would be 'Till we have faces'...I am a HUGE CS Lewis fan and that book was fascinating to me, in a weird way...would love to hear your thoughts ;)

but hey, that's just me... :)

Anna said...

wow you guys! (Mikaela voted for The Darkest Hour...)
You're making it hard for me!
Till We Have Faces is a wonderful book, from what I have read. I know there will be a review on it, even if I don't do the Running Commentary....but it isn't noon tomorrow yet. JL, let's hear your opinion!

Anna said...

I got a second vote for The Darkest Hour.
Actually...now I don't want to do that one. Sorry Mikaela. :)
I'll still write review of it when I finish it, but I probably won't do it unless a bunch of other people vote for it....any of the other three sound easier actually!

Lauren said...

Hey, Anna!
I decided to come cast my vote. I definitely think you should do Till We Have Faces. C.S. Lewis is so interesting, and I agree, lisatatj, that book is fascinating.

*on knees clasping hands* Please?

Anna said...

I'll say this for Lauren and lisatatj...I'm more likely to do Till We Have Faces than Darkest Hour. I don't want to stop after every chapter and write something on it! That's like...well it's probably nearly thirty chapters. true, true....Till We Have Faces has at least that many...I think....maybe not....but it'll be easier to think up smart things to say. :D