Friday, March 7, 2008

My Most Listened to Playlist......


The albums I'm listening to the most these days are the following:


Barlow Girl: A Christian band of three sisters. While they have a great modern sound (which satisfies my natural taste for some beat and electric guitar) while conveying good messages. (The most notable are On My Own, Pedestal, Superstar, Harder Than The First Time, Clothes, Average Girl...)

Plus, it feels like a girl CD. (A CD version of a chick flick.) I listen to them a lot these days. The only CD of theirs that I have is their debut album, titled BarlowGirl.

Wake Thy Slumbering Children: Indelible Grace V.

My sister-in-law and my brother turned me into an Indelible Grace fan about three Christmases ago. I love their music....which takes old hymns and new hymns and brings them together with a new sound and beautiful words. I bought this one from my sister-in-law this Christmas when she got two copies as gifts! My favorite is Come Said Jesus' Sacred Voice.

The Village Score
: The bewitching and entirely morbid soundtrack to M. Night Shyamalan's 2004 thriller. The songs are beautiful and composed by James Newton Howard, with violinist Hilary Hahn.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost:
Chris Thile's third solo album is completely instrumental and entirely composed by Chris Thile. It's named after a song that J.R.R. Tolkien wrote (and one of the songs is named after the fifth chapter in the hobbit - Riddles In The Dark.) I'm really enjoying it!!!!

Anna

No comments: