Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Net



If you still haven't taken me seriously on recently getting a fanatical interest in Sandra Bullock, do so now. I just watched yet another movie which she starred in, called The Net.

It's about a computer hacker/programmer named Angela Bennett. It begins with her receiving some floppy disks and copying information on to some. One of them holds information which an unknown party want...and they'll do anything to get it. The other holds a virus that will attack and completely obliterate anything on a certain hard disk....or something like that. I'm not much a computer nerd. I can get around the internet and take care of my documents (sometimes. I had to call my brother the other night for some help.....), but that's about it.

So, Angela is about to take her first vacation in six years....to Mexico. One of her co-workers is killed the night before she leaves because he was coming to see her about a disk that one of them has. (This would be the disk that the unknown party wants.)

Mexico turns out to be anything but fun, it turns out, when she is nearly murdered and her entire identity and clean record is erased. Intense, interesting (yet not to violent...actually little more violent than National Treasure), and full of old-fashioned cyber stuff, The Net was a pretty cool flick. Starring Sandra Bullock, Jeremy Northam, and Dennis Miller. (Yes it is the same Dennis Miller that talks with Bill O'reilly and Hannity and Colmes on their shows.
Anna

2 comments:

Alex Ander Sims said...

Hey Anna this is Alex! I just wanted to remind you that I need help! Go to my blog and read all about it! Remember together we can force the humans back under my rule!
Alex

Anna said...

Alex, I have sent you some ideas to get the humans back under your rule. Do not let them see it....They are actually almost as smart as you are.
Everybody, to read about poor Alex's predicament, go to his personal blog at poorcatslife.blogspot.com

ANna