Friday, March 14, 2008

Next Commentary

Okay, I've picked out some books I would like to try to commentary on.


The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Odyssey by Homer
A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
The Book of Lost Tales Part 1 by J.R.R. Tolkien

Those are the choices this time! For any of them, I wouldn't start until April, but you can start commenting now. I know it'll be easiest to say stuff about Lewis, but it'll be interesting to try on the others! Please see my newest Notes on the Upperground post above...I figured out something about Tolkien and Lewis.
Anna

4 comments:

lisatatj said...

I thought you would already know my vote as a DIE HARD CS Lewis fan, so didn't bother...but ooo Man "the Great Divorce" is WONDERFUL and an easier story than "Till We Have Faces" so that is my first choice...but "the 4 Loves" is also SOOOO GOOD!

Anna said...

I did know you were a C.S. Lewis fan...probably more so than I am! But I love reading C.S. Lewis. Still, I posted two C.S. Lewis books, and I wanted your opinion on which one. If I do C.S. Lewis it'll probably be The Great Divorce. I've heard lots about it and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Jason & Shannon said...

I say go for Homer. That should be an interesting read!

Anna said...

Wow you guys! I didn't know you were into Homer. When I finish the Iliad, I'll be posting some thoughts on that. I would really like to read the Odyssey and try 'commentaring' on it.
Even if I don't do that one next (which I very well may) then I probably will 'commentare' on it when I do read it. :D Thanks for voting!