Monday, March 24, 2008

Revelation


I've been listening to A. J. Roach at the urging of John L.

I've been very impressed. My first impression (no pun intended) was that I liked him almost as well as Nickel Creek. My most recent impression (after listening to both CDs) is that I like him, and I would like to get his CDs, but they aren't on my list of 'priority CDs' to get.

On a more positive note, I thought Dogwood Winter was a great CD. This one is a little bit darker, and I'm not as impressed with it. The CD's namesake is for it's best song, Revelation, which has great lyrics and a catchy tune.

The other songs that I liked or thought were interesting were Chemicals, Clinch River Blues and Devil May Dance, although Revelation was definitely my favorite. The cover art is incredibly weird, but pretty cool, right? Hmm. I'm not sure what to say about it, because even though I liked it, I don't know how anybody else would if they aren't into this kind of music. Shrugs.
The song Revelation was excellent; it was definitely the best song on the CD.
Chemicals had interesting lyrics and a nice tune.
Devil May Dance was catchy with more interesting lyrics.
I also enjoyed Freezing Car.
The rest of the songs were just OK, I thought, especially compared to Dogwood Winter.
I think it's worth checking out if you liked Dogwood Winter, and both or worth listening to if you haven't tried A. J. Roach. Even if the rest of the CD seemed a little bit boring to me, it's Revelation is a great song, and the CD is worth listening to just for that. I'm going to stop now because I'm repeating myself.
Anna

No comments: