Friday, March 14, 2008

Speed


So maybe I am a Sandra Bullock Fanatic now, but I did enjoy Speed. It was really intense and I enjoyed it a lot.
There was a really great bad guy for one thing, and Keanu Reeves was in it. Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves have co-starred in two films together so far, and they make a good romantic team. :)
Speed is about a police officer and a young woman named Annie that find themselves on a bus that will explode if it drops below 50 miles an hour.
Pretty exciting! Something I've really started to notice in movies is how the people act. I mean, how they probably would act if it were actually happening. It takes a really good actor to do that. Annie is forced to drive the bus when the bus driver is accidentally shot by a criminal. More than once, Annie tears up while driving. (Who wouldn't?) And I really like that, because a real person would. It also has some really amazing scenes in it. The ending is a little unrealistic, but movies are supposed to have happy endings, right? Speed definitely needs TVG, I will say.

I just can't get over how real the characters were, no matter how heroic they were, they acted like I think they really would. I probably like this one better than Miss Congeniality, but either The Lake House or While You Were Sleeping is my favorite Bullock movie.
Anna

No comments: