Monday, April 28, 2008

Pride and Prejudice


I finished Pride and Prejudice last night on our way home.

I'm glad I took the time to read it. It was almost exactly like the movie, so it was hardly worth reading, but now I can say that I read it. My favorite part was the last couple of chapters, because it was close to the end and because those were the most interesting to me.

I'm sorry I haven't much to say about it, but everybody already knows everything about Pride and Prejudice, because everybody (or at least most of everybody) has seen the movie. Andy and Alissa haven't, but....:)

It was a good book. It would have been a lot better, though, if I didn't have the movie memorized.
So if you haven't seen the movie, don't see it until you have read the book. I'm looking forward to Sense and Sensibility, because I've only seen the movie once, so hopefully I can read the book next month and then watch the movie again. I remember really enjoying the movie.
So here it is: Pride and Prejudice. I've watched the movie twice in the past month, and I'm on the verge of watching it again, because Dad wants to see it over. The new one that is. I like the new one better than the old one, because I like the new Elizabeth better, and the new Mr. Bennet better, and the new Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy better, and the new Mr. Collins better, and I like the new Jane better, and the new Lydia as well as the old one. The new Mrs. Bennet isn't quite as good as the old one. I like the new Charlotte Lucas better. Oh wait, I take it back, I like both Mr. Darcys.

I don't know that I like the Gardeners better, but I do like Mr. Darcy's sister better than the old one. The music to both is good....although I would rather listen to the new one. The music to the old one is just part of the experience.
I think that both Mary's were good, although I didn't much like the new Kitty.
I think both Caroline Bingley's are good. They're both so despicable.
Anna
This isn't actually the copy of the book that I have, but I don't know that I like the idea of somebody trying to paint Jane and Lizzy. The movie got them right, but I don't like the way they are both portrayed here. Hmm. But it is a nice cover, anyway.

No comments: