Thursday, May 15, 2008

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Hello!

I have just now finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the second time. Of course, I've seen the movie thousands of times by now.

I enjoyed reading the book again! I love how that when I read a book I notice a bunch of little stuff that I forgot...like how FUNNY Rowling is. I'm really looking forward to reading the others for those few moments of ridiculous humor...yesterday I laughed for a long time about one of her jokes (of course from Fred and George...those guys are HILARIOUS!!!!)

Although this definitely isn't my favorite of the series, I enjoyed reading it again a LOT....it was a joy to read over, and read all about Chocolate Frogs (I wish those were real!) and even Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans....although they sound dreadfully disgusting...and also all the surprises of magic and mirrors that show whatever you want most, and Dumbledore's beautiful eccentricities....

I am really looking forward to reading The Chamber of Secrets again, next, but I'll probably wait a bit. I have a load of other books on my reading list this month!

I always recommend that series be read in order, although Nerdy Sk8r Chick doesn't listen to me.....so if you decide to read Harry Potter, start with the first book.

I'm not going to address the controversial issues surrounding the series this post, but I probably will in some of the other book reviews. If you are interested, here is a link to a post where I posted more links to Brian's blog where he talks about what he thinks.
Anna

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Ha ha. I love the part with Fred and George at the train station when they were confusing Mrs. Weasley!! xD

Anna said...

I like the part where they're talking about how they know who each of them is...like...

"We both know that we're Gred and Feorge!!!"


I love that part. I laughed so hard at that....

Mikaela said...

Totally! Next time I go to the library I'm going to get the 7th one I only have read it once and I didn't really get the full idea of the story so I'm going to read that again. My fave book I think is either the Half-Blood Prince OR Priznor of Azkaban! xD

Anna said...

Did u know that they're making two Deathly Hallow movies? They decided that they couldn't cram a bunch of stuff in one movie and leave out the rest.