Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull


Wow.

I WENT TO SEE INDIANA JONES 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I totally went nuts. I took pictures of us before we left the house on our 'Indiana Jones' outing. I bought Indiana Jones M & M's (which I will post pictures of soon) and I watched the entire trilogy in one day (although I talked on the phone a little while they were on.)

I loved this one. How could I not? Indiana Jones was my first real hero, and Harrison Ford was my first crush.

Now for my riveting, beautiful, awe-inspiring review....CAUTION: Do not read unless you have seen the movie or if you are the kind of people the like SPOILERS.

I think that a lot of people were really turned off by the UFO theme in the movie. For me, I think it is definitely a weird idea for Indiana Jones, but I'm OK with it. Besides, you have to admit that the skull looked pretty cool. Big eyes, huge...long...brain......so, for that part, I think it was very weird, and very different for an Indiana Jones movie. But here's my opinion, and my defense: Indiana Jones is different. Henry Jones Sr. is dead, Marcus Brody is dead, and Indiana is about twenty years older. So the story and the adventure and thus the movie is going to be different. It had to be. It was supposed to be.

I really liked Mutt. He was a spunky little cuss, and I actually expected him to be a bit more of an awkward kid along for the ride, but he helped Indy a lot. I liked that. When a friend told me that he was Indy's son, I didn't believe him! I think I read some misleading info on Wiki, or maybe I misunderstood him. I like the idea of Indy having a son though. It was only a matter of time before the line was carried on...I wonder if Mutt will have some adventures? I kind of wish they would carry that further. He almost put on the hat!

When the same friend (Brandon) told me that Indy got married, I didn't believe him there either, at least not at first. I've decided that I like that idea too. I think there are lots of other things they could have done with this one. But here's the thing: you can only use so many ideas for one movie. One screenplay, and this is the one that they chose. I like it.

I wish that they had developed Mutt's character and his relationship with Indy a little more. They didn't hardly concentrate on that at all! I also wish that they would have done the same thing with Marian Ravenwood. All of a sudden they're married. No dramatic kiss or love scene, or anything, and then they're married. No tearing up moments. I think they should have put something in...it would have made the movie seem more real.

I also really liked Cate Blanchett as the bad guy. She was brilliant! Especially the end scene (although they could have made that creepier). I felt like, with the end scene, when she was begging the....aliens to tell her everything they knew, let her see everything, that I felt more empathy for her than for any other villain. I just don't like Elsa much. One difference: Indy doesn't have any sort of relationship with the Blanchett villain except the fact that they are enemies. Just something to think about.

I thought the movie was great, except for those few minor points that I pointed out. The only thing that I really didn't like was the space ship leaving at the end. That was just....why? I understand. Kind of. But that just doesn't go with Indiana Jones. I can except the alien skulls. I just don't know about the "space between spaces" space ship.

I also really really really liked how they didn't try to make this like all the others. I like how they made a point of noting Indy's age; they didn't try to hide it. Indy is older, he's put on more weight, he isn't in shape like he used to be. I'm glad that they didn't try to hide that. That made his character seem more real and the movie was funnier and even more touching because of it.

So, of course, the movie gets five golden lucky stars!!!! Beautiful acting.
Anna

16 comments:

Mikaela said...

OMG. I can't believe I missed seeing this monday bc I had a lesson. ALIENS! AWESOME! 0_o Mutt is Indiana Jones son?? Does he know that in the beginning or do they meet each other randomly through the movie?? :]

Anna said...

Watch da movie man!

If you really want to know, I might tell you if you beg. :-/

JL said...

Yeah IT WAS SO BELIEVEABLE. I mean I always thought the aliens had something to do with the Maya Indians and now we know for sure! JK as unbelievable as it was, the acting still gets my 4 stars, a good once see or if nothing else good is showing a twice see. The movie provided a good way to end a long day of fishing for me and Papa and the rest of the Timmons.
BTW along the lines of Indiana Jones I was talking with dad yesterday and I told him that I saw the first Indiana Jones movie with you, and the others with another friend and he was SHOCKED! I never new till now but I wasn’t supposed to watch any of them untill I was like 15! LOL!
JL

JL said...

Yeah the guy is 60 years old. I was sure it would be called the quest for the lost remote or lost Keys! hehe He looked like a Grandpa.

Anna said...

Actually, I thought Harrison Ford was quite handsome for 60.

Alissa said...

i think it's cute that indiana jones was your first crush.

Anna said...

that's right! Indiana Jones was my first crush. I later got to where I really liked Han Solo....


I never really stopped.

(I just but my cheeks turned read just now.....)

Mikaela said...

omg. xD Harrison Ford is a old guy now he's 65!! When I was looking at a review on the movie one day and i asked my parents how old he was now and i guessed 82!! xD I know it wasn't very nice but it was funny. :]

Anna said...

very mean, but I guess it's funny. You're just like Mutt!!!!

Mikaela said...

Is that suppose to be an insult?? :D

Anna said...

you can take it however you like. I like Mutt.

Abby said...

cool.. and you know he doesn't look that old. Hes handsome for being in his 60's!!!

Abby said...

OH Abby of course he is handsome for being in his 60's. Hi Annna.. this is Roo. I have never met you before I don't think except through Abby. But I think this movie looks great and as soon as I can get over there I"m gonna watch it.
Roo... I want milk.. thirsty girl :) Swan won't let me have any..lol

Roo said...

Ooopsss. sorry Anna.. I commented through abbys account..

Roo

Anna said...

Roo Mitch!

Thanks for commenting. Abby tells me about all of your misadventures often. ;)

roo said...

Excuse me?? They aren't misadventures they are adventures.. Did she tell you that I just got a dog? A black lab puppy I haven't decided on a name for him yet but he is a total sweetie...

Roo