Saturday, June 7, 2008

DragonQuest


OH oh!
I just finished Dragonquest and LOVED reading it for the second time. Of course, more than once I've skipped through and reread my favorite parts. Now, I am at least going to spot-read DragonKnight, and after that I shall read DragonFire. Very exciting business! I remember going to Barnes and Noble for DragonFire last year.....and then receiving my beautiful copy from the hands of a Barnes and Noble worker and then paying for it. I'm sure I finished it within a few days!

Dragonquest is my favorite Dragon Keeper Chronicle book so far. I think Regidor and Toopka are part of the reason: Fenworth might be the rest of it. Plus two more dragons hatch! The minor dragons just make the book for me. I was disappointed I didn't get to see the two in Dragonknight hatch. But there will probably be some in Dragonlight....I can't wait to read that one!

I love the Dragon Keeper Chronicle books, because they are written with beautiful Christian parallelism, wisdom, and the excitement of a different world. That's my preferred genre. Christian Parallelism/Fantasy.

I also enjoyed getting to really visualize Kale in my mind for the first time...I paid more attention to the cover! This way I felt like I could clearly see her face, and much better than I had been able to before.

I wish I had a mind intelligent enough to think up parallels as healthy and rich as the ones in Dragon Keeper, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to think up anything very original as of yet. Definitely one of my favorite books: I recommend it!
Anna

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

hey mon! Good review.. i may hafta borrow it again. and actually read it this time :D Well finish it this time. xD

Anna said...

yah, it's a great book. I think it might be my favorite of the series!