Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Indiana's Probable Origin:



I just found out something interesting. We started one of my favorite movies tonight (The Hallmark Original Movie King Solomon's Mines, starring Patrick Swayze) and it got me all interested in reading the book. I've not read it yet, and I have wanted to for a while...I wouldn't mind reading the whole Allan Quartemaine (I know I didn't spell his last name right) series.

But I realized (and also read, ha!) on Wikipedia (even though it did say citation needed) that Allan Qartemaine (trying a different spelling) influenced the character Indiana Jones. I don't know if that is true or not, but it is very probable! They even dress similar...one difference is that Indiana doesn't set foot in Africa in the trilogy or in Crystal Skull, unless I'm forgetting something.

So, I thought that was interesting. Makes me REALLY want to read King Solomon's Mines though....
Anna
Bigger King Solomon's Mines picture when and if I post a review. :)

5 comments:

Mikaela said...

I think I've seen the sequal to that movie :\ Hmmm. Oh well. You should have called me and told me a cool movie was coming on TV that night!! :(

Anna said...

I guess I should have, except that we rented it. :)

Mikaela said...

Ohhh :]

Brian G. Hedges said...

Egypt is in Africa. The Quartermain books are great - I've read lots of them. KSM is a classic!

Anna said...

Does he go to Egypt in Raiders of the Lost ark?