Thursday, July 10, 2008

Outling and Sagas

Over the past week, I have officially left my scanty reading kick and entered a writing one.

Never mind...

I'm not sure how rational it really is to say that you have officially left your reading kick when you have just gone to the libary and checked out seven books. I couldn't help myself...every time I saw something interesting I grabbed it. The other day I was aching for poetry, so I grabbed two volumes of it. Upon seeing a copy of Arabian Nights, I grabbed that to. I have an abridged version, but it's so annoying that none of the copies are the same. How are you supposed to know which is the most accurate? Actually, I think I read something about that in Inkheart.....

And I also grabbed a collection of stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I found out about him from Inkheart too. I was hoping to see if it had his book Naftali the Storyteller and His Horse, Sus, but I don't think it's in there. Also The Tale of Despereux, because I saw the trailer the other day, and because yesterday I was inspired with the idea of someday writing a story about a mouse. What is it really with storybooks and mice? Cinderella, Despereux, The Witches, and Boy. Not that I've read all of those, mind you, but I want to someday. I'm especially looking forward to the last two. Mice are such enchanting little creatures, aren't they? At least in stories. The thought of coming in contact with a real one is perfectly revolting. That reminds me of a funny story that happened to me and my cousin one time....haha. No, I'm not going to tell it to you. :D

I think I am, however, on the border of a writing kick, because over the past two weeks, I have been furiously outlining my book, and its sequels. I have thus far partially outlined each of the first four in the first Kitt Chronicle Cycle. I think there will be about three plus a prequel, rather like The Hobbit. It'll be a very very long saga, but I hope a good one, if I ever finish it. Who knows if I'll ever even finish the first one!

No comments: