Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ...August Honorary Movie of the Month


This morning, Mom and I watched Ben-Hur, a movie that I have been watching probably since I was six or so. Probably before. We haven't watched it in a long time, and this morning Mom didn't feel like going to church, so we stayed home and put it on.

As it's been a long time since I've seen it....or at least payed it proper attention, perhaps a few years, even...I enjoyed it a whole lot.

Since I've developed my literary and music taste since I've last watched it, I noticed lots of different things about it. I enjoyed Charlton Heston's performance more than I ever have in a movie. I enjoyed the music a whole lot...and I'm shocked that there are eighty-seven tracks on the two-disk soundtrack. I want it now. :D

There was something about the love themes in the movie that reminded a lot of the Unbreakable Soundtrack, (which is excellent, BTW).

I understand how hurt Judah Ben-Hur must have been when Messala imprisoned his mother and sister and sent him to the galleys. How humiliating it must have been, and how good it must have felt to be freed.

It also made me want to pick up the book again, in which I only read the first 'book' of it. So now I'm four chapters into the seven chapter book two. Very exciting! And I enjoyed those four chapters a lot.
Ben-Hur is honorary movie of the month, because I don't think I ever picked a movie of the month for July. :D
Anna

No comments: