Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Music I've been Enjoying...


I've been listening to a lot of different CD's over the past several months. Here's a list of some of them and what I think of them.

1. Bob Dylan
Blood on the Tracks.
I borrowed this a while ago from Andy and Alissa...I guess I borrowed it in May....and I've liked it. It isn't my favorite Bob Dylan CD, but it is among my favorites. I like the songs Buckets of Rain, Tangled Up in Blue, Simple Twist of Fate, and Shelter From the Storm. I also enjoy listening to Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts and You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go.

2. Michelle Branch
Hotel Paper
Nice, easy to listen to girl music. At least, it's more like girl music than Bob Dylan! But it's classified as rock, not girl music. There are two songs on this CD that I really don't like listening to very much, while on her first one I enjoy every song. Oh wait, I don't like the Intro on this one either. So three. I like all the rest pretty well though.

3. John Williams
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Soundtrack, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 20th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack
I love soundtracks, and I recently ordered both of these and have enjoyed both of them, although probably E.T. more so. Each has beautiful tracks from the movies that are fun to listen to. I like to listen to them in the dark on the way home. :D

4. Waterdeep
Sink or Swim
Andy and Alissa also loaned me this one.
I didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would, but it's still a good CD. It isn't as much fun to listen to as the Derek Webb CD Andy and Alissa loaned me. There were several songs I liked though. My favorites were 18 Bullet Holes, Both of Us'll Feel the Blast, Legend of Vertigo, and And. And is a song. t33 h33.


Anna


3 comments:

Grl4God said...

I like the song 'Breathe' by Michelle Branch. I think she has a such a unique voice.

Grl4God

Anna said...

Really? That's one of my favorites too! I also really like Tuesday Morning and Find Your Way Back. Those three are my favorite sing a longs. heh heh.

mrs.fitz said...

While Sink or Swim is a great album, you should listen to "You Were at the Time for Love" it's actually just by Don Chaffer, before the band came together. It is excellent. I'll try to remember to bring it when I come to visit (soon!).