Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anne of Green Gables


Oh!
I've just finished reading a wonderful book....and I'm quite sure that as long as I read enough of L. M. Montgomery, my already hopeless romantic personality will never be quenched. Of course, I would never let anything happen to it anyway, but Anne really brings out the feminine part of it! My dear Aunt Darla (I'm sorry, I just finished! I'm still thinking like Anne) told me that I was a bit like Anne's intellectual side. I wasn't content to just be like Diana....I prefer Anne a thousand times over.

I began Anne of Green Gables on Monday, and I just completed the thirty-eighth and final chapter. I feel exhausted! I've been reading it vigorously for an hour and a half or something, and I've finished! I'm so proud of myself. I'm always excited to notice similarities between myself and characters or authors I read about, and I've noticed that Anne and I both tend to rattle on about nothing at all, except that it seems very important to us at the time. Dad has laughed at some things I have said before about ice cream....but honestly. Don't you think that all that smooth, creamy chocolate syrup on hot fudge sundaes looks like a blanket? I'm disappointed that that doesn't sound as romantic as I wished it would, but oh well. I was just looking at my thumbs, and I held the book so tightly and rubbed the pages so many times that some of the ink rubbed off! My thumbs are gray. I think that's funny....

And I'm so excited that I finished reading it! And that I have this whole myriad of L. M. Montgomery books before me for the fall.....the next two on my last are Pat of Silver Bush and Anne of Avonlea. Pat of Silver Bush I have started so many times.....and I loved it when Mom read it to me. It's actually a perfect October book, so perhaps it shall be October honorary book of the month or something. In any case, Anne of Green Gables makes it for September book of the month, and I'm sorry it's the end of September before I'm posting it! I'll post again very soon, I imagine. IMAGINE! Isn't imagining fun! That's why I'm going to be a writer. God gave me my imagination, right, so I want to put it to good use. :D
Goodnight!
Anna
As an after thought, although I admire red hair, I don't think I would trade my brown. Nut brown. But my name isn't Cordelia. I would rather be named....if I had to pick...hmm. For some reason I like the name Gillian right now. But I'm kind of attached to my name, so perhaps I could just imagine that I have...a tiger friend that talks. YES! That would be awesome. If only and I wish.....Good night....for real this time...Sweet Dreams....

8 comments:

Alissa said...

i've always liked the anne of green gables series. we should watch the movies together sometime.

Anna said...

That's a good idea! I like both of them. I like Gilbert better in the second one...I remember one time when I watched Anne of Avonlea I actually started sobbing because I felt soooo sorry for Gilbert when Anne told him no for the second time.

Anna said...

have you seen the third one? Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story....we have it on tape, but I don't think it follows any of the books hardly at all. It is interesting though. Very different from the first two.

Mikaela said...

weird.. i was going to watch the movie after this (before I read the post!). XD freakky

Mythopoeia said...

You seem to be a kindred spirit. I just found your blog through an 'Inkdeath' image search, but now I think I'll keep reading it . . .

Mikaela said...

you need a new post. :O

Anna said...

you wanna write this blog? :O

whatever. They'll be a new post soon, i can almost guaruntee it...or however u spell that word.

Mikaela said...

Because I don't trust you for one thing and you keep me up all night watching movies!! :O