Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anne of Avonlea


Well, it's eleven minutes till midnight, and I've just finished Anne of Avonlea. I enjoyed it as much or more perhaps than Anne of Green Gables...and I can tell that the more I read of Anne, the more I'll understand romantic personalities, because I realized how much Anne and I are alike, no matter how many people say I'm like Diana. :D It will never be entirely true, because I've got qualities from both of them, but I'm the most like Anne, whether I've got the right hair color or not. It's a simple fact...because Diana wouldn't ever be able to think up some of the things that I do, because Diana and Anne are nearly opposites when it comes to being romantic.
It was so much fun to see how L. M. Montgomery writes her characters, and character introductions, and how Anne gets into the most ridiculous scrapes still...my favorite was probably how she died her nose red when she thought she was putting freckle lotion on it and then answered the door to some very important people.
I just loved the chapter where Anne started teaching for the first day! All the descriptions of the kids in the book were enchanting, and I can full-heartedly say and know that because I've got six nephews and nieces. I love kids!
And it was a lot of fun to see Gilbert too, when he and Anne are friends, and interesting to see how Gilbert dotes on her, and how Anne doesn't notice! Poor, sweet Gilbert. And I see how frustrating it can be to Anne sometimes too...I mean...I think I mentioned in the last post that Dad laughs at me when I say romantic things about ice cream...but that's alright. It almost makes it more fun if you're laughed at for being romantic. It would be weird if you weren't laughed at. Right? Right.
Anne of Avonlea was wonderful...so it is the first October book of the month, and there will be another one later on, when I finish it...probably another L. M. Montgomery book. L. M. Montgomery has certainly been added to my favorite authors list...right up there with Tolkien! (And this is saying a LOT.)
Every girl should read the Anne books at some point or another, but I warn that the romantics will appreciate them the most. :D
Anna

4 comments:

Brian said...

Wow. It's been a while since you posted, Anna! Lot of schoolwork?

Anna said...

Nah. Just waiting for something worth while to post about. More updates soon when I finish reading Harry Potter 3 for the second time though, and if the world is lucky, an update on my writing life. Hopefully a review of Treasure Island in the near future too...

Brian said...

Cool!

Anna said...

:D