Saturday, January 24, 2009

Books I've been Reading Lately:


I've been doing lots of reading this month, and I'm very proud of myself. I'm starting to get a little nervous about finishing my designated quota of ten books, but I plan to finish number six today, and I've already started seven, so there is still hope. Let's hope so. :D

I've finished four books since The Silmarillion. After the Silmarillion, I started one book, endured 200 pages of pure boring and copy cat Harry Potter, and then I put it down.

1. Restless Pilgrim by Scott Marshall and Marcia Ford.
I started and finished this book all in the same day. It's about the Spiritual Journey of Bob Dylan. I borrowed it from Andy a LONG time ago, and I finally decided that I needed to read it and give it back. It was a lot easier to read than I expected, and interesting too. I'm excited to read more Dylan biographies soon.

2. The Princess Bride by William Goldman.
This book was very funny, if not a bit annoying in several places. Still, it was worth reading, and I'm glad I did. I laughed a lot. I think my favorite character is Inigo Montoya. When I first saw the movie, I immediately liked him. He's a good character. Westley annoys me after awhile, but Inigo is always fun to read about.

3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Excellent, of course, and fun to read again. It took me about a week to read the whole thing. I wasn't as enthusiastic about finishing it since I've already read it once, but I got through it, and I even forgot about one of the major cool things that Hermione found out at the end of the book, so it was fun to see Rowling's plot building there again.

4. The Book of Names by D. Barkely Briggs.
It took me a little longer to read this one than I expected, but I had been interested in it ever since I found out about it on one of Donita K. Paul's blogs. Not a bad read. Very creative.

I'm going to finish Beowulf today (Jason actually beat me!) and I started Watership Down last night, and I read a bit further earlier today, and I'm VERY excited about it!

Funny, the thing that pushed me to finally getting interested in reading Watership Down was the random fact that (highlight if you want a cool TV spoiler) Sawyer was reading it all through the first season of Lost.

Fun, right?
Anna

5 comments:

Imperfect Princess said...

Hi, Anna! You probably think I am MIA by now! It’s me G4G, now Imperfect Princess. I just wanted to let you know that Girls for God is now Imperfect Princess. (http://imperfectprincesses.blogspot.com) I will be posting more from now on. I apologize for my lack of blogging! Siya soon!

Imperfect Princess (Grl4God)

The Funny one said...

I like your taste in reading material. I think it's very ambitious of you to try and reach your quota of 10 books by the end of this month, hope you make it!

Anna said...

Thanks for updating me Mackenzie!

And thanks for the well wish, Funny one.

Brian said...

Good list! Annette, if your the funny one, what is Bettina?

Anna said...

Thank you Brian. I think I might start posting my reviews like that, instead of trying to do a whole one. Those are so tiring to figure out! And boring to write, too. Better to sum up. With the occasional exception of posts like The Silmarillion.