Friday, April 17, 2009

Tagged

Hey everyone! I was tagged by Bookworm, so here are my answers to all of these cool book questions...

Tell me about the book that has been on your shelf the longest...

Okay, don't laugh...probably, (and I'm trying to be honest here) The Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle Books by Betty MacDonald. I think that's her name. They were about these kids that had really bad habits, and there was this woman that had really bizarre and magical cures to get them to stop doing it. One girl didn't want to take baths, a little family had problems getting around in the morning, one little boy didn't want to share, so the Moms of these kids would call Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, who lived in an upside down house with lots of buried treasure in her backyard. I read these over and over when I was little. Another book that has been there for awhile that I have never read is Smokey the Cowhorse by Will James. It's actually on my reading list for this month!

Oh wait, I take that back. I bet that the L. M. Montgomery books have been there the longest, because my Mom had those forever and they used to reside in my bookcase when I was little, and they're back now, so the L. M. Montgomery stuff.

Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (i. e. person, place, time, etc......)

Inkheart. This is a really tough question, but I just realized that there are some things about Inkheart that are kind of relative to me here. One: I love reading. Period. Books are just great. Two: I'm always fascinated with how Funke is so honest and random with her writing....there are piles of books all over Meggie's house (in worst case scenario, this is my room, meaning I haven't cleaned or organized for weeks) and she also mentions something about fat brown spiders in the first few chapters. We have those, and I loathe them to the core. Meggie seems to be fascinated with little random things, like blue jay feathers, she takes comfort in familiar books, and she likes to have cocoa for breakfast. I think I adopted that practice afte reading Inkheart, seriously, I'm not kidding.......


Tell me about a book you required in some interesting way...


Well, I could tell you about TWO of those. ARC of the first Farworld book by J. Scott Savage, which was a great book, and then I won a signed copy of the first 13th Reality book by James Dashner, also a great book. Those were cool book experiences.



Tell me about the most recent addition to your shelves...

I bought the second, third and fourth Warrior: New Prophecy books recently, because I had this neat little coupon for them at Barnes and Noble. Gotta love those e-mails...even though things like that are usually annoying. I get these cool coupons all the time!

I also recently bought a hardback of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander. I haven't read any of this except for the Harry Potter book.


Tell me about a book that has been with you most places.....

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.
I remember one time being kind of worried about something, and just grabbing that book, thinking that I would have something familiar and fun to do if I needed it. I've started that book countless times, and read it all the way through twice, and I've just started reading it again! It goes to lots of places with me. Of course, any book that I'm reading goes where ever I go, even if there is little to no chance that I'll get to read it while I'm there.

Tell me about a bonus book that doesn't fit any of the above questions...

Okay, how about the book Rattlesnakes by J. Frank Dobie? I got that from the libarary recently and I have every intention of reading ALL OF IT in a few weeks. It's just a bunch of rattlesnake lore, stories and cool facts and stuff. It's such a random book, but a few years ago I read part of it and loved it. Weird, considering that I have a gigantic fear of snakes.....but they also fascinate me.

Okay, I tag.....Mikaela!!!!

Anna

Hopefully I can post more soon...driving school is keeping me on my toes busy. :D

2 comments:

Brian said...

The Book of Three is terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to read that one soon!

Mikaela said...

ahh man... okay i'll do it.. XD