Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Short Sentence

Reading Twilight, Harry Potter, The Circle Trilogy, and A Writer Writes...Sometimes makes me realize that a short sentence can be extremely powerful when I'm writing. Not that I never use them...it's just something to think about. I write a lot of sentences to get my point across, often wordy. I don't think they're too bad, but a lot of the time, I'll say the same thing several times in a row to make sure I get the point across the way I want it to be taken, (even though most people don't get to see much of my book while I'm working on it...I've only shared a few pages thus far) I'm writing like it's going to be read, sometime. Of course, long sentences can be useful to. Are all you NaNoWriMo participants getting pumped? Cause I am!

No comments: