Monday, October 26, 2009

Title, Genre and Summary

I've decided on a working title and summary for my NaNoWriMo novel. (Drumroll, please...)


Title: The Great Elation
Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

Summary:

It's the year 2033, five years after the worst stock market crash in the history of the United States, topping even the Wall Street Crash of 1929. Computers are nearly impossible to find, internet even harder. Half of the once secure world has plunged into a lifestyle almost identical to the lifestyle of the First Great Depression's victims. With the whole world starving and scavenging for clothes, the talents of a writer, a greaser, an aviator, a special agent, a wolf, and a book publisher aren't very well appreciated. Extraordinary circumstances bring all of them together when they accept positions on a ship bound for another world...another land....it could almost be another time. Friendships will be built, enemies made, but most of all, each of the members aboard the ship Danger will go on an adventure that changes their very core...the way they view the world...it might even change their lives.


My comments:

On the title:

I'm sorry, I can't tell you anything about the title. It would completely give away important parts of the novel.

On the genre and summary:

This I can tell you about. It's science fiction because I'm taking some liberties with science (like science fiction does) and it's fantasy because there are lots of things in this book that couldn't actually happen. Probably. I'm sort of introducing you to an alternate reality, but you have to accept it as the reality in the book. You never know what might happen in the future. ;) You probably picked up from the summary that it is a futuristic novel, and you might have also noticed something about the greatest stock market crash ever. The book is futuristic because it takes place in the future, but it's historical because a lot of things in the future have changed to resemble the past, including lifestyle, fashion, and entertainment forms.

On the cast of characters and the ship, you'll just have to wait. Thanks for reading!
Anna

5 comments:

Brian said...

Interesting. Mine is called Chivalry, about the only logical mind in King Arthur's court.

Anna said...

Hey that sounds cool!

Mikaela said...

Brian- awesome!
Anna- it seems like I've read this before.. hmm

Mythopoeia said...

Sounds awesome! Have you registered on the NaNoWriMo website? I've signed up as badpoetwithdreams, look me up!

I'll be posting a teaser for my WriMo novel on my blog soon. As soon as I realize whether I dare to write a true-blue historical fiction, or whether I want to make things easier for myself and just say it's a parallel universe :)

Anna said...

I post on both my blog, and facebook, Mikaela.

Mythopoeia: excellent!