Monday, January 11, 2010

Pure Imitiation, while it may be the sincerest form of flattery, is difficult

Today I learned that Mark Twain is more difficult for me to imitate than Charles Dickens.

Although part of the problem may have been that I already had the perfect character, which I've vaguely known for a long time for the Dickens style, and no characters and no exceptional ideas for the Twain style.

Writing assignment stuff. Difficult or not, you gotta love it. I'm kinda proud of the Charles Dickens one....

Explanation:

Rewrite two Aesop's Fables in the style of two different authors. I had four authors to choose from and I chose Charles Dickens and Mark Twain. The Fables I chose were The Fox and the Grapes and The Hare and the Tortoise.

Dickens to the Fox and Twain to the Hare.

1 comment:

Melissa Donovan said...

That's a challenging assignment! first, you have to pick your fables, and then choose your authors, and then write in their style. Not easy. Sounds like you did just fine :)