Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hmm

Sometimes events during my day are very small. For instance, today:

I'm going to go see Avatar
I have a meeting with my writer's group from 3:30 - 4:30
And I"m incredibly excited about the opportunity to read The Prestige by Christopher Priest in Barnes and Noble while I wait for my Dad to pick me up. I've been waiting for a chance to do that for two weeks. Why don't I just buy the book?

I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I actually give it all of my time...I'm 'shelf' reading it. Dad does this all the time on hour Barnes and Noble outings. We just go for a few hours, I read, wonder around in B & N and/or shop in the mall, and he just picks up the book he was reading last time we were there and reads where he left off. I think I've started doing this with The Prestige.

But I think I'll take A Praying Life by Paul Miller to finish and Les Miserables so I'll have gotten a little bit of school done today....

So
Avatar
Writer's Meeting
Finish A Praying Life
Read in Les Miserables
The Prestige by Christopher Priest reading/daydreaming session
Dinner with Dad
Movie with Dad ( - ? if so, it'll prolly be a dollar theater showing of Sherlock Holmes - again. ) :D

1 comment:

Mythopoeia said...

Ooh, so you liked 'Sherlock Holmes'? I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it--once I decided to view it as a graphic novel, and not a direct adaptation of the source material, it was brilliant.

And I do shelf reading all the time--That's how I read 'The Good Thief' and 'The Graveyard Book'. I'm currently shelf reading the third book in the Aubrey-Maturin series, because I don't want to have to buy all twenty-something of them!