Monday, March 29, 2010

A Good Book

Has there ever been a book that you could return to again and again, and just know that it would bring joy and comfort to you, every time? A book that always challenged your imagination, your heart, your emotions, your logic, every time you opened it and read a sentence?
A book that you like to bring with you on trips?

Mine is The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Whilst looking for a quote by Tolkien I saw a few from The Fellowship of the Ring, and it reminded of a time when I was troubled about something, but I had to leave home for one night. I had been wanting to read the book, so I took it with me, and it somehow made me feel better to know that I was taking something familiar with me. Sort of like a security book.

After seeing those quotes, I'm suddenly all psyched to read The Two Towers - I read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring last year. *sigh*....this promises to be excellent. To quote Bilbo: "I think I'm quite ready for another adventure." :)

Anna

No comments: