Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Weekend Summed up Thus Far:

Lots of sleeping and lots of Star Warzing. What is Star Warzing? Star Warzing is like bejeweling - instead of bejewling a bag or a jacket, for instance, you Star Warz it. I have been Star Warzing my trusty purple bag, my bag that goes with me on most trips beyond the grocery store and Wal Mart. (Library, class, meeting, overnight, plane trip, etc....)

Thus far I have put Darth Vadar, Han Solo, an Ewok, R2D2, a stormtrooper, the millenium falcon, three TIE fighters and the Star Wars logo on it. My next challenges are:

Princess Leia
Anakin Skywalker
The Death Star
Chewbacca
Obi Wan Kenobi

and perhaps, if I have room, further quotes (I've already got A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... on there), C-3PO, Padma Amidala and Luke Skywalker. The problem with all of these challenges - especially the people - is my drawing skills. Han Solo is a lucky exception because of an outstanding photograph that can be reduced perfectly to pure black and white with no in-betweens. The biggest challenge thus far is either a toss-up between Han Solo and the stormtrooper. Those are about to be wiped off the board when I attempt Anakin Skywalker and Princess Leia. I think Chewie will be easier. Obi Wan is going to be difficult. Blah. But I'm so excited that the bag is coming together so well! Now to make a wonderful evening of fried chicken, reading, a movie, further Star Warzing, and possibly getting out and/or hanging out with Autumn. I hope. ;)
Anna

5 comments:

Mythopoeia said...

I hope you post a photo of the bag when you finish; it sounds very interesting :)

Anna said...

I will. I've been kinda planning on it, even though I didn't get to add all the other things....but I will, eventually. If my art talent gets good enough. ;)

Abby said...

Are you at Brian's yet??? Call me if you have a chance!

Yeti94 said...

That sounds amazing! And, definitely will need to see pictures when it's finished. You and Corinne both make me really want to draw on a messenger bag, or shoes or something. I'm a little afraid to try though. :P

Anna said...

Oh my gosh, Rachel. You would make me look like a two year old with a crayon if you tried something on a bag....you must, you must, you must!!!!