Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A plea for the lurkers...if I have any.

I wrote this post a long time ago, and only one person commented. This makes me think that all of my lurkers are cowards (haha, just kidding) or that I only have one reader that checks regularly.

Here's the old post (edited) - I'm asking again. If you're a blog lurker, just comment already, leave an anonymous comment if you want your identity to remain secret. (I won't publish most anonymous comments, but I will this time if you actually post something about short stories. ) Thanks! But my gratitude will be in vain if you don't comment. So make it worth while.


I want to get into short stories this year - as in, I want to read them and I want to write them.

Here's what I'm interested in:

Short stories that use the same characters over and over (like Sherlock Holmes)
Anything fantasy or sci-fi
Adventure/archeology type stuff
Any collection of short stories/vignettes/entries that are continuous and in the same book (parts of The Prestige are written in diary form)

But I'm also open to other things. Very open. Especially that stuff, but I want to read all kinds of short stories.

So if you are a lurker that rarely comments, now is the time to be heard! What are some of your favorite short stories or favorite writers of short stories? I like long comments. So leave long lists.

Anna

PS (me again, not the old post) I have actually started what I am going to call my first short story. I'm proud of it. It hasn't got a title yet, though.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hmm.... I gotta say, the only collection of short stories (that I can think of) that I like are the sherlock holmes ones. Sorry. I'm no good with short stories, writing or reading.

Anna said...

Haha, thanks for commenting. Now I know I have another lurker....:D