Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie Cuts

Goood Moooooovies!

Okay, the three I picked are sort of obscure, but very good.

1. The Fall

Really sweet, original indie film about the friendship between two patients at a hospital. Imaginative, magnificent.



2. What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Obscure Johnny Depp/Leonardo DiCaprio movie. Wonderful drama, not at all generic. Superb acting, kooky characters, fun soundtrack (if you get temporary obsessed with the movie as I did.) I think I like this movie so much because the characters are incredibly real. They're not archetypes, they're not stereotypical, they're just really believable. Everything makes sense. I. Love. It.



3. Moon

Okay, last one! This was great. Sam Rockwell did an outstanding performance. The language is rough and there's some really brief nudity at the beginning, but the rest of the movie is brilliant. Just watch the trailer, you'll be very curious if you like science fiction or space at all.

3 comments:

Wen/Vende/Yavie/Coco said...

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Especially The Fall. I loved the colors and everything.

As for Moon - BEST sci-fi of its type in a LOOOOOOOONG time! So suspenseful and scary and.... just amazing!

Wen/Vende/Yavie/Coco said...

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Especially The Fall. I loved the colors and everything.

As for Moon - BEST sci-fi of its type in a LOOOOOOOONG time! So suspenseful and scary and.... just amazing!

Wen/Vende/Yavie/Coco said...

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Especially The Fall. I loved the colors and everything.

As for Moon - BEST sci-fi of its type in a LOOOOOOOONG time! So suspenseful and scary and.... just amazing!