Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Saturday of A.E. Hedges

1. I gave my dog a haircut today. Poor thing....

2. Spent most of the afternoon writing - I was forced to split my short story in two. It was reaching the short story limit, twenty-thousand words. I was kind of planning on splitting in two anyway, so I went ahead and did it. I expect I'll cut out quite a bit in the editing/rewriting stage (whenever that is) but it also gave me a sense of accomplishment to be able to say, "I finished the first half of my story today!"

3. I do have an excuse for this short story being so long. It is the first in a series of short stories I've decided to write, *almost* in the tradition of a TV series. This is the pilot, and the pilots are usually two to three hours long; double the length of time for a normal TV episode. Thus, this first one is doubly long.

4. I have some really good ideas for this short story project, but I'm not really ready to share them at de momento. Someday.

5. I ate lots of whoppers. It is HARD to quit those things once you start. I can quit chips. Weird thing: chips and popcorn, not my faves. But whoppers? Heck yes.

6. I started the second part of my story (titled The Phantasm Battery) but have quit for the day, even though I'm still horribly behind on it. Editing and rewriting of my Great Elation novel beckon me. I'm running out of time, and I need to get caught up on some of that tonight. I have until about June 25 or so to edit and rewrite it and have it ready to be made into a free bound copy on Create Space. I have a coupon from NaNoWriMo for it, so I have to work on that!

7. Plus, Doctor Who will be starting in the next few hours. Mustn't miss that. I wonder what the Eleventh Doctor'll say tonight? He's had some ger-reat lines this season, I'm telling ya. ("Tardis bang bang, Daleks BOOM!")

8. Reading also beckon me. Behind already. I needed to finish a book, start and finish another, catch up on Les Mes and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

9. Darn Coldplay, gave me an idea for a painting I'm itching to do. Well, I've been fairly productive, come up with ideas for further short stories, and I'm getting to the point where I think I can actually make a routine of writing. :)

10. Have I ever mentioned that list-making is so addicting that I just want to keep doing it?

No comments: