Monday, July 12, 2010

Brandon Flowers Solo Album!

Okay, so today, while listening/watching music vids by Michael Buble, I saw a scruffy looking man out of the corner of my eye, and I guess he looked a bit familiar, because I looked again, and it was Brandon Flowers, lead singer of The Killers!

He went solo this year, although it has been confirmed that The Killers have not broken up. A few days ago, Brandon Flowers' new music for his video was released. I already have it on my iPod. Big fan of Brandon Flower's music and writing - can't wait for the actual album, which comes out on September 14.

The music video is weird - as all Killers music videos are - but I like the song. I don't always especially like all of the lyrics, but I always love the sound. Here's the video, if anyone is interested in the song.



Cornelia Funke also comes out with a new book on September 14. ( I think it's all on the same date, anyway.)

AND the Second Season of Fringe comes out on September 14! Of course it all comes out after my birthday.... ;)

Even Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins comes out after my birthday. Exactly one day after, on August 24th. That's all okay though - I'll probably still end up with all three things. (One of my) favorite musicians, authors, tv shows, and authors/books. :)

3 comments:

Coffee Cup Thoughts said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm a huge fan of the Killers, and I never knew about this song or of Brandon Flowers doing his own thing. I like the song!

Also, I love that you were listening to Michael Buble, he is so great. ^_~

Anna said...

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, I'm a big Killers fan too. I have five albums on my iPod and two other singles. They're definitely one of my favorite artists.

Anonymous said...

You do a fantastic job. Make sure you at all times keep writing. Many thanks