Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Used to Want to be a Cowboy by John Bird


First of all, you should know that I know John personally. Isn't that cool? I know someone that wrote a book that's for sale on amazon! (Two people, actually, because my brother wrote a book too!)

Second of all, you should know that back when I was...ten, I think, John and Amanda (his awesome wife) came to our church, and we all got to be really good friends, them and me and Mom and Dad. They're really great, and we miss them.

Third of all - I was thrilled to get read John's book, because (well, it's John!) it's about bull riding and cowboy-ing. I've never done much of that sort of thing myself (obviously not the bull riding...at all....), and I don't read literature on it very often, but I had a lot of fun reading John's book. My Dad used to be a bull rider, and it was great to get a glimpse of what that world is like. And it was great to get to know John better! He got me to laugh.

So, if you're interested in what it's like to be a bull rider and work on a ranch, you should go check it out. You can do so by clicking here.

You can also check out John's blog by clicking here.

I don't think I'm going to try to mess with doing a book of the month this year (since I only post reads a few times a year, now...) but if I were going to, I would have featured John's book.
Thanks for reading! :D
Anna

3 comments:

MissChef said...

I remember the Bird's! They were a very sweet family! His book looks great :)

Anna said...

It really was! Really fun and interesting!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?