Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So, if I'd been born to different parents, it's very possible they could've aborted me just because I'm not a boy.

I read most of this article on sex-determined abortion just now, and thought it was interesting, you know, important things to read about, but very sad. If any of those unborn baby girls could, would they be asking their parents what Anne asked Marilla in Anne of Green Gables? (Yes. I am making this reference.)

"You don't want me because I'm not a boy?"

Sad! This makes me really, really sad. When you grow up in a good home with parents that were praying for a girl (or so I'm told), it's hard to imagine that there are people out there who are cruel enough and blind enough to abort the soul inside them just because of the gender. It's mind-blowing. In a bad way.

Anyway - it's an interesting article, though I don't think it takes a careful read of the whole thing to get the jist of what's being said.

No comments: